Have you ever wondered how to style matching separates? We know, we know, it almost seems like there’s no need to style them. But it’ll shock you just how important styling is to almost everything.
Matching separates are definitely trending now. Every style blogger, fashion lover, celebrity, designer and their momma owns a set. It’s sort of becoming a staple you know! But do they know how to style it?
First of all, you might think styling pieces that already come with a literal how-to is easy. All things considered it should be. But it seems some of us still need guidance. Don’t worry girl, we’ve got you!
So, here are 5 tips to help you when it comes to how to style matching separates.
All the styling tips you need
1. Avoid too many accessories: This is a capital offense when it comes to styling separates. You already have all this fabulosity, don’t ruin it with your obsession with shiny things.
Take a step back from layering too many pieces of jewelry and keep the outfit simple. The ideas is to draw attention to your look, not have you interrogated with a metal detector.
2. Choose colors that suit you: Because they’re matching separates does not mean they match everything. Firstly, take a look at the Colour a you’re about to rock.
Do they look good with your skin tone? Are they flattering on you? We wouldn’t want to an accident on the road. In the event that yellow isn’t your Colour, just stay away from it.
3. Choose the right fit: This is one mistake we see being made over over again. How about you get something that fits? Try it on. Check it out. The only thing separating your matching set from a pyramid set is the fit. Get the right one!
4. Bust out the heels: Now, this is more of a plea than a rule. Heels make everything sexier, so choose them over sneakers. Rihanna listened to us, why won’t you? This stunner from Miskay Boutique has the right idea. Damn!
Okay, we’re kidding. But not about the heels. There’s just something about being 3 inches or more taller that takes your look from basic to barrdesst!
5. Don’t be afraid to mix it up: The “separates” in “matching separates” is there for a reason. Don’t be too shy to mix the pieces up with other things. Either you pair 1 of the pieces with jeans or something else, or you add a jacket to make it double fab!
That’s it folks! We love to help you out and consequently it all brings us joy!
Share your tips on matching separates with us if you have any. We’d love to hear from you!