Veteran Nollywood actress, Sola Sobowale has been in the movie industry for at least two decades. She has remained relevant through the years and is one of the most beloved actresses in Nigeria.
Sola Sobowale is one of the few actresses with a really wide acting range. It is very evident that she puts in a lot of work into every role she plays. She gained popularity after playing the complex villain, ‘Toyin Tomato’ in the first season of Wale Adenuga’s hit series, Super Story. She embodied this character so well that people still refer to her as ‘Toyin Tomato’ decades after.
Here are a few reasons why Nigerians love her:
1. She reminded some of us of our Yoruba mothers in her role as Tinuade Coker in The Wedding Party.
2. We saw a different side of her in King Of Boys which shows how versatile an actress she is.
3. She has an amazing relationship with her daughters.
4. Sola Sobowale turns 52 in December and she looks as amazing as ever!
5. She is a hot stepper! Who can forget her iconic wedding entrance scene in The Wedding Party?
It’s great to see that even after so many years of being in Nollywood, Sola Sobowale remains one of the best. Watch her and Adesua Etomi in this King Of Boys trailer.