According to reports, Simi and Adekunle Gold are getting traditionally married today. We already told you of the times they were adorable with their relationship on social media.
Despite being in the public eye, Simi and Adekunle Gold managed to keep their relationship very lowkey. After their music gained public attention, Adekunle Gold and Simi didn’t officially announce their relationship until 2018. However, Simi’s 2016 EP with Falz, Chemistry also sparked dating rumours because of the promotion pictures and actual chemistry they shared in the project.
Nevertheless, the couple never paid the rumours any attention as they both focused on securing the bag. However, Adekunle Gold admitted to writing the emotional “Orente” for her. After teasing us with comments and deleted birthday posts, and a picture of them kissing on stage, insiders have now reported the news of their wedding and engagement.
Although fans think this wedding comes too soon as they only recently ‘kinda’ went public with their love, we have proof that they’ve been together for more than 5 years. We did a little digging as far back as the end of their Instagram posts and unpacked all their pictures from way back. Here the photos below:
1. They’ve been coupled up as far back as 2013
2. They even celebrated their Valentine’s Day at the beach in 2014
3. They’ve really come a long way
4. The most adorable birthday collage Simi shared on her page
5. They’re such a goofy couple
6. This picture reminds us of “Orente” all over again
7. Look at them giving us old Nollywood love in this post
8. Let’s just thank God for the glow up
9. We found this one from before their music fully went mainstream
10. Here’s the unforgettable car selfie we’ve all come to love
11. We heard they’re having their white wedding at the beach and this picture once again proves that they’ve always always loved the water
12. A rare post of Simi publicly declaring her love for Adekunle Gold
13. Get you someone that looks at you like this
14. When Adekunle Gold wished his “Wonder Woman” happy birthday on his page
15. This random picture that featured as the cover photo for their first ever duet, “No Forget”