Natural hair care tips vary, especially when the seasons change. What you do when it’s dry isn’t the same as what you do when its raining. Steps change, routines might intensify and you generally need to be more attentive!
Rainy season comes with a host of red flags that you need to be aware of. And we’ve got them all right here!
- Rain water is not only dirty, but acidic and brings humidity. That’s why you need to be more vigilant when it comes to cleaning your hair. During the rainy season, your hair is exposed to more dirt and dust, and this could lead to itchy scalp, breakage, brittle hair, dandruff etc. The key is to wash the hair more often, even more than you do on a regular basis. And if you find yourself under the rain, wash your hair immediately you get home.
- The humidity can make your hair frizzy ad brittle so it is important to condition immediately after a wash. Avoid adding chemicals to your hair by using a mild conditioner like a vinegar rinse, olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil massage.
- Cover your hair up as much as possible. Loose hair gets dirty easier and so it should be covered up more. Covering up the hair is also great because rain water can weaken the hair shaft and lead to hair loss.
- When it’s the rainy season, it is best to avoid styling products like gels, hair serum and the likes. The chemicals from these products make the hair flat, greasy and will attract more dirt from the atmosphere. All these products can also lead to infections, itchiness and dandruff.
- Last but definitely not the least, drink plenty of water. It might seem like you have enough water around you, but nothing leads to healthy hair like drinking lots of water.
Share your healthy natural hair care tips with us! And if you have 4c hair, here’s an easy natural hairstyle for the weekend!