Flabby arms can be so annoying! Especially when you’re waving goodbye and they decide to wave right along with you. They affect your confidence and keep you from wearing nice things that show off your arms. Flabby arms also keep your clothes from fitting right especially if your arms are much bigger than the rest of your body. Think about all those beautiful sleeveless dresses, tank tops and spaghetti strap outfits you could be wearing. Now think about the jiggle in your arms that makes you cover up everything every time. Are you annoyed yet? Flabby arms can either be caused by age or excess body fat and are usually a sign that you need to tone up your triceps. The triceps are the largest muscle in your arms so they definitely need to be tackled.
If you’re determined to get envy-inducing arms that you can be proud to show off, here are two exercises you should do:
Push-ups are one of the best and most effective exercises to do if you want to have gorgeous arms. The key is to have the right form when you’re doing the push-up.
- Put your hands on the floor and position them under your shoulders.
- Keep your feet together. Support your weight on your hands and toes.
- Lower your body until your chest is almost touching the floor. Inhale as you do this.
- Exhale and push your body up back to the first position.
You’ll need a strong chair, stool or bench for this. This exercise targets your triceps directly and will rid you of flabby arms if done properly and regularly.
If you are working out at home, place your arms on a chair or bench and elevate your feet by putting a stool under them.
- Place your arms behind your back and grip the stool, chair or bench.
- Make sure your arms are shoulder width apart and your bum is in front of the chair.
- Keep your body upright and your elbows slightly bent and then slowly lower yourself.
- Try to lower your body by engaging only your triceps.
- Push your body back up using only your triceps and then repeat.
You should start noticing results after two weeks of regular arm exercises and you can then start to kiss those flabby arms goodbye.